Welcome to Gallitzin Borough
We are located in Cambria County, Pennsylvania. Our town's history dates back to the early 19th century and was originally called Watts Town. It became Gallitzin Borough on December 2, 1873, being named after Prince Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin. Gallitzin Borough is situated atop the Allegheny Mountains, surrounded by Gallitzin Township and Tunnelhill Borough. Our town is approximately one square mile in size, with a population of 1,668. We offer the best of living in a small quiet community with easy access to quality medical facilities, schools, shopping, restaurants, and churches.